UPCOMING SPECIAL EVENTS
Thursday, February 20, 6:00 – 8:00 pm. Veterans Town Hall meeting. Salisbury VA Medical Center, 1601 Brenner Ave., Building 6.
FREE Veterans Dental Clinic, by appointment only. Military ID required. Friday, March 6, 6:30 am – 3:00 pm and Saturday March 6, 6:30 am – 1:00 pm. First Christian Church 625 Meadowbrook Dr. King, NC Register at www.kingfirstchristian.org , or by phone at 336 983-2206.
Friday, March 27, 11:30 am – 2:00 pm. Vietnam Veterans Recognition Lunch (Vietnam Veterans Month). West End Plaza Event Center, 1935 Jake Alexander Blvd. Salisbury, NC. The event is open to all Veterans, and will honor Vietnam Veterans for their service and sacrifices. Our special guest and Keynote Speaker will be Vietnam Veteran and POW for over 6 years, Colonel Norman McDaniel,USAF Ret. Lunch will be served, there will be a raffle, and entertainment by Erinn Dearth from “Letters from Home.” A $5.00 donation per person is requested, but not required.
Register at: EMAIL – firstname.lastname@example.org or, phone/text – 704 433-6408.
Sponsored by: Trellis Supportive Care and Frontier Coffee Shop
Friday, March 27, 9:00 am – 2:00 pm. Forsyth County Homeless Veteran Stand Down & Resource Expo. NC National Guard Armory, 2000 Silas Creek Pkwy., Winston-Salem, Info: Archie barrow 336 684-6129 email@example.com
Wednesday, June 3, 8:00 am – 10:30 am. A Special tribute breakfast to recognize Military Corpsmen, Medics, and Nurses. Richard Childress Racing, 425 Industrial Blvd. Welcome/Lexington. During our time in the military, we have all needed and received medical care from these very dedicated individuals. It is time to say THANK YOU!
All Trellis Supportive Care Sponsored Veterans Coffees
begin at 8:30 – 10:30 am, unless otherwise noted.
Welcome, Davidson County, Richard Childress Racing, 425 Industrial Blvd. Welcome/Lexington. 1st Wednesday of each Month: 3/4, NO VETS COFFEE AT RCR IN APRIL, 5/6, 6/3.
Davie County, Sagebrush Steakhouse. 1st Thursday of each month: 3/5, 4/2, 5/7, 6/4
Cabarrus County, Second Wednesdays. Due to other conflicting events, Trellis Supportive Care will NOT continue hosting Veteran Coffee events in Cabarrus County. See additional information below.
Greensboro. Golden Corral, (just off of Wendover Ave. 4404 Landview Dr. 2nd Thursday of each month, 3/12, 4/9, 5/14, 6/11 Please enter through the back door adjacent to our meeting room.
Greensboro: K&W Cafeteria, 3710 S. Holden Rd. Veterans Coffee for Women Vets Focuses on Women Veteran’s issues. 4 times a year. April 8, August 12, October 14.
Information, Sandra Robinson – firstname.lastname@example.org
Winston-Salem PDQ Restaurant on Stratford Rd. 8:30 – 10:30 AM. 3rd Thursday of each month, 3/19, 4/16, 5/21, 6/18, No Vets Coffee in July
Iredell County, Statesville @ the Outback Steakhouse: 3rd Wednesday of each month. The Outback team provides breakfast in addition to the coffee and doughnuts. 3/18, 4/15, 5/20, 6/17
Forsyth County, Kernersville Linville Forest Church of Christ, 450 Linville Rd. 4th Monday of each month Coffee. February 24, 3/23, 4/27, (No Vets Coffee in May), 6/22
Stokes County, King, Town & Country Restaurant. 4th Thursday of each month. February 27, 3/26, 4/23, 5/28, 6/25
Surry County, Mt. Airy. Sagebrush Steakhouse. Mondays, March 16, 5/18, 8/17, 10/19
Other Vets Coffees, Special Events and Meetings
- Salisbury- Frontier Coffee Shop, Every Tuesday morning from 8:30 – 10:30 am at the K & W Cafeteria in the West End Plaza shopping Center.
- Mooresville- Richard’s Coffee Shop and Military Museum will be open every day except Sunday. Free coffee for Vets on Thursdays and Saturday is their musical hoedown extravaganza.
- Winston-Salem, Veterans Coffee every Wednesday from 8:30 to 10:30 am. K&W Cafeteria, 3169 Peter’s Creek Parkway.
- Winston-Salem, Veterans Coffee Saturdays, 3/14, 4/11, 5/9, 6/13, 8:30 – 10:30 AM. A special Gulf War and Post 9/11 Veterans Coffee. The New Beginnings Church, 4555 Shattalon Dr.
- Statesville- Veterans Coffee, 1st Tuesday of each Month. 8:30 – 11:30 am, American Legion Post 65
- Statesville, Veterans Coffee, the 2nd and 4th Mondays of each month. 8:30 – 10:30 am. K&W Cafeteria – Glenway Dr. Information: 847 894-5046
- Cabarrus County, Veterans Coffee, every Wednesday morning beginning on January 15. 8:30 – 10:30 am. K&W Cafeteria, 349 Copperfield Blvd. NE Concord.
Yancyville, Coffee and Conversation, 9:00 am. For YANCEYVILLE/ CASWELL County, Every 4th Wednesday at the Caswell County Senior Center 643 Firetower Rd, Yanceyville, N.C 27379.
- Lexington, “V4L (Veterans for Life)” meetings are on the last Monday of each month at the
- Goodwill Workforce Center, 719 West Center Street, Lexington. From: 6:00 – 7:45 pm.
- High Point- Heroes Center, 1500 Bridges Dr. Veterans Coffee, NEW DAY AND TIME- 1st Saturday of the month, 0900-1030 at Heroes Center Info, call: 336 430-8414
- Asheville, NC. Veterans Coffee event on Saturday February 22, 2020 at 8:30 am at the Ryan’s Steakhouse on 1000 Brevard Rd, Asheville, NC for breakfast, coffee, and good conversation. Please forward this invitation to any Veteran who might be interested in attending.
Questions, Toby Dickerson, US Army Veteran 828 808-6329
- Winston-Salem, Salem Lake, “Cycling Heals Vets Connect” 9:00 – 11:30 am on the 2nd Tuesday of each Month (rain or shine), Wounded Warriors/Disabled Veterans, Veterans and the public are invited to join in at Salem Lake for a bike ride, jogging, walking, or fishing and FELLOWSHIP. Hosted by “Operation North State”.