The VA’s newly updated Welcome Kit can help Veterans, their families, care givers and survivors learn about VA benefits and services. The VA Welcome Kit is organized around major life milestones, such as separating from military service, retirement or seeking care while aging. The 14 ‘quick-start guides’ included in the VA Welcome Kit provide additional information, such as:
- Applying for VA health care.
- Getting started with mental health services.
- Getting started with health services for women Veterans.
- Understanding community care.
- Accessing urgent care.
- Applying for disability compensation.
- Applying for education benefits.
- Getting started with services for Veterans aged 65+.
- Getting started with caregiver benefits.
- Applying for survivor benefits.
The VA Welcome Kit also has information on accessing resources for taking care of yourself, such as accessing mental health care, women Veterans’ services, caregiver support and getting care at community providers.