POSTPONED!! Due to low registration the Forward March Training Seminar & Symposium is being reschedule for May 30th & 31st of 2019. Stay tuned for updates in January.
When: May 30 & 31, 2019
Where: Iron Mike Conference Center, 2658 Reilly Road, Fort Bragg, NC 28310
The Forward March Training Seminar & Symposium has been a model for collaboration between local, state and national organizations for the past eight years. This year’s seminar will continue to be a major catalyst for building resiliency and promoting successful outcomes for service members, veterans, and their families. Professionals will enhance their understanding of ways to foster communication, utilize effective tools, and identify appropriate resources. As we celebrate our military for the sacrifices they make on behalf of our great nation, we must recognize the need to continue to support veterans and their families as they transition out of our Armed Forces. Folks who register and attend will be eligible for CEU’s.
Who should attend:
This Training Seminar & Symposium is beneficial to substance abuse professionals, psychologists, social workers, case managers, counselors, school personnel, clergy, military communities, veteran services, government, non-profit, and private organizations. Other interested mental health, human service professionals or anyone who provides support services for military members, veterans, and their families.
Past Featured Speakers:
- Kelly Posner, PhD, Developed the Columbia Suicide Severity Rating Scale
- Jake Rademacher, Producer & Director, Award-Winning “Brothers at War” Documentary
- Patty Shinseki, Military Child Education Coalition
- LTG Patricia Horoho, USA, Ret., Surgeon General
- LTG Eric Schoomaker, USA, Ret., Surgeon General
- Dr. Ken Ginsburg, Author & Pediatrician
- Kayla Williams, Veteran & Author
- Dr. Mary Keller, Military Child Education Coalition
- CSM Chris Faris, USA, Ret., Special Operations Command
- Col. Kimberly Olson, USAF, Ret., Grace After Fire
- Barbara Van Dahlen, President & Founder, Give An Hour
- Brigadier General Rhonda Cornum, Former Director of Comprehensive Soldier Fitness
- Joyce Raezer, National Military Family Association
For more information, contact:
La-Lisa Hewett-Robinson, MA, Southern Regional AHEC 910-678-7293
or email firstname.lastname@example.org