Wednesday, November 7, 2018
2:00 – 3:30 PM Eastern
This session is designed to educate the business community about veterans with disabilities who are transitioning to the workplace. Participants will explore how to create a welcoming environment for veterans with disabilities, and learn about the unique aspects of military culture. The presenters will discuss attitudes and behaviors that can affect veterans with disabilities, and examine how that might impact employee engagement in the business culture.
Steve Zappalla, LPC, NCC, Center for Veterans in Transition
Ann Deschamps, Ed.D., Mid-Atlantic ADA Center, TransCen, Inc.
- This session requires pre-registration.
- There is no charge for this session.
- Continuing Education Recognition Available:
- Certificate of Attendance: 1.5 hours of instruction
- This session is approved for 1.5 Clock Hours by Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification (CRCC)
- This session has been approved for 1.5 recertification credit hours by HR Certification Institute (HRCI) for approval
- This session is approved for 1.5 PDCs by the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- You can participate by using the following services:
- Streaming Audio or Real-Time Captioning (via Blackboard Collaborate Version 12.5 Webinar platform)
- Mobile Users (iPhone, iPad, or Android device (including Kindle Fire HD)) may listen to the session using the Blackboard Collaborate Mobile App (Available Free from the Apple Store, Google Play or Amazon)
- This session will be archived for later listening.
Mid-Atlantic ADA Center
(800) 949-4232 V/TTY (DC, DE, MD, PA, VA, WV)
(301) 217-0124 V/TTY