As Hurricane Florence approaches NC, the VA has activated the Network’s Emergency Command Center to support all VA facilities in NC and to ensure the safety of our patients and staff.
VA executive leaders are closely monitoring facilities and community outreach centers.
At this time, most facilities are fully operational.
Critical information will be communicated widely via email, daily postings on our facility’s website and social media pages.
- Fayetteville VA Medical Center’s coastal clinics – Wilmington Heath Care Center, and Brunswick County and Jacksonville Community-based Outpatient Clinics will close Tuesday afternoon at closing and remain closed through Friday, Sept. 14. Patients at our coastal clinics are being contacted to notify them of appointment changes (moved up when possible, if cancelled will be scheduled at earliest available date). Urgent Care Center (UCC) and inpatient services, located in Fayetteville at 2300 Ramsey Street, remain open 24/7.
- The Elizabeth City outpatient clinic in Albemarle county CLOSED on September 12 and will reopen Monday, September 17.
- Morehead CBOC Clinic is now closed with no alternate work site. Staff have been placed on Authorized Absence.
- Greenville HCC will remain fully operational until Noon, Thursday, September 13. There is no alternate work site. Staff will be placed on Authorized Absence.
- Our CBOCs in the Raleigh-Durham area will remain fully operational until Noon, Thursday, September 13. The alternate work site will be the main medical center.
- DVAMC ambulatory and specialty clinics will remain fully operational until Noon, Thursday, September 13. Inpatient units will maintain full operations. Staff should report as scheduled. Staff not scheduled will be placed in an on-call status in case additional assistance is needed at DVAMC.
Hurricane Florence – VA is preparing for potential impacts from Hurricane Florence. The following national hotline numbers are operational 24 hours/7days per week:
Veteran Hurricane Hotline Number: 1-800-507-4571
This number is good for Veterans who need assistance or family members trying to locate their Veteran relatives. The call center is manned with the most up-to-date information for affected areas and will relay/initiate call information between Veterans and related facilities to help them find assistance.
Employee Disaster Hotline Number: 1-866-233-0152
Employees can use this number to connect with their facilities, whether to understand the status of the facility or to provide their own status and let us know they are okay or need help.
VBA Hotline Number: 1-800-827-1000
For non-health related emergency assistance
Pharmacy Customer Care 1- 866-400-1243
For emergency assistance with prescriptions