The VA has consolidated toll-free help lines into one national line. Please call this line and select from the following menu:
- For Veterans Crisis / Suicide Hotline Press 7
- For Homeless Veterans Hotline Press 6
- For Information on Healthcare Eligibility and Enrollment Press 3
- For VA Medical Center, Veterans Benefit Regional Office or National Cemetery Locations Press 2
- For all other benefits (pension, disability compensation, education / GI Bill, home loan, insurance and more) Press 4
- For National Cemetery Services including burials, burial benefits and to obtain a headstone Press 5
You can also visit vets.gov for additional information.
Vet Center Call Center
Call 1-877-WAR VETS (927-8387) if you are a combat Veteran or a family member of one. It is a 24/7 confidential call center staffed by combat Veterans from several eras as well as family members of combat Veterans. The benefit is prepaid through the Veteran’s military service.
The Guard has a behavioral health crisis line that officers and enlisted can call at any time of day. 855-322-3848
NC Serves is a collaborative network of public agencies and private and nonprofit organizations that provide referrals to services and supports for Veterans and their families.
- Charlotte-Metrolina: 855-425-8838
- Central Carolina: 866-249-6656
- Coastal Carolina: 844-435-1838
- Western Carolina: 855-962-8387
The Caregivers Program provides free services and resources for family members or friends who are providing care to their Veteran and need support through peer mentors or home-based programs. 855-260-3274
The State of North Carolina is divided into 7 local management entities or managed care organizations (LME/MCOs). This website lists the LME/MCOs along with a crisis line and general information number.