CUSTOMER SERVICE AND COMMUNITY RIGHTS AND COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT AND EMPOWERMENT TEAMS
Our role is to support access to appropriate services, ensure rights protections in the community and to promote consumer empowerment and system advocacy. Our staff includes consumers and family members.
We want to make it easy for you to share your concerns. We will answer your questions, help resolve your complaints and process your appeals. We have two teams to assist you:
COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT AND EMPOWERMENT TEAM
- Keeps you, your family members and advocates actively involved in local and state policy development and planning.
- Ensures that your voice, input, and disability representation is included in building a better service system.
- Helps develop local grass roots advocacy and consumer groups.
- Provides support and assistance to the state and local Consumer and Family Advisory Committees (CFACs) to ensure empowerment and an informed system.
CUSTOMER SERVICE AND COMMUNITY RIGHTS TEAM
- Assists individuals and families with accessing public services by providing educational and system information.
- Provides a responsive system for complaints or concerns reported.
- Monitors community rights protections and health and safety through incident reporting improvement system.
- Provides a responsive system for the protection of rights when individuals are served in the community.
- Assists individuals and guardians with the appeal process for state-funded services
- Collects and reports aggregate complaint data.
- Tracks and manages efficacy of the response system for complaints and issues.
- Provides technical assistance to customer services representatives at the local and state levels
- Provides information about resources within the community.
- Coordinates technical assistance related to Medicaid billing, legal issues, and inquiries related to the NC Provider Network.
- Addresses complex issues between providers and LME-MCOs.
- Provides services similar to case management for individuals with complex needs and assists individuals in obtaining appropriate, quality services. This includes individuals in a hospital emergency room, transitioning from residential service, or individuals without appropriate connection to other services.
- Work with the State Coordinator for Children with Complex Mental Health and Intellectual/ Developmental Disabilities needs.
HOW TO REACH US:
Division of Mental Health, Developmental Disabilities and Substance Abuse Services
3001 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, North Carolina 27699-3001
- Calling — 919-715-3197 or Toll-Free at 1-855-262-1946
- Faxing — 919-733-4962
- E-mail — firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web site: www.ncdhhs.gov/mhddsas